In the concept of public relation, public are those who is any group of people who share a common interest and relation is the outcome of mutual understanding which is derived from the process of sharing of common interest. Public relation term is just mean communication with bunch of people subsequently. Advertisements, publishing things and socializing things are the tools of public relation which every industry does today.
Edward L. Bernays says in their definition that,
“Public relations is the attempt by information, persuasion and adjustment to engineer public support for an activity, cause, movement or institution.”
Objectives of Public Relations
1) Human relations : The word public relation is just similar to human relation but by caring of every individual in your organization. The better public relation never comes ahead with a proper human relation within the organization.
2) Free exchange of information and ideas : Public are never alone, they have power of group where every single information can be delivered from one person to another without any communication gaps. Today we have a variety of communication method to exchange the information and ideas within the world.
3) Better relations : Better relation is nothing but keeping public in touch with you always, either they are in some problem or in any free time. Better relation just opens your door to success. You business never become successful without proper public relation and better relation is one way by which you can increase the PR.
4) Fostering attitude : Future telling seems like you are any palmist or future teller, but yes you are really forecaster. If you can do better PR from starting of the organization, future telling like what would be sale and how much we have produce becomes easy because you know the taste and preference of the consumers.
5) Suggestions and complaints : Your suggestions and complaints is just work like heaven, even if your employee tells that. Feedback is the path by which you come to know what is your PR doing. A direct feedback can be useful if it is taken.
All above are the global objectives Public Relation which is followed by every organization.